At Sands Road Framing Shop you discuss your requirements with the framer not a salesperson.
Framing is custom made on the premises and is carried out using the best materials for your item, such as white core, pH buffered mountboard and frames from renewable sources.
Selecting the right frame and mount is crucial in enhancing the overall effect of the picture and how it compliments its surroundings.
Services we offer include:
- Hand stretching cross-stitches, embroideries, tapestries, silks and any other fabrics so they are flat & straight, using a traditional t-pinning method or vacuum press.
- Hand stretching paintings on canvas to custom made wooden stretcher bars.
- Vacuum press, in house, to flatten posters and photographs to prevent them from wrinkling & cockling.
- Hand finishing of mouldings with stain, wax or paint finishes.
- Full archival and conservation grade framing standards to protect precious artwork. We hold stock of both pH neutral and museum quatilty mount board, also UV protective glass.
- Box framing for 3D items. Have a look on our ideas page where we have pictures of many of our cutomers' box frames.
- Different glazing options, such as standard float glass, non-reflective glass, acrylic, UV protective glass, Artglass and museum glass.
- Various decorative mounting options, such as oval, deep bevel, overlay, V-groove, double mounts, float and hover mounting and fillet slips.
All work is guaranteed and carried out by highly trained and experienced framers. With the Guild Commended Framer qualification we have been independently assessed in our ability to protect and preserve valuable items by using conservation grade or higher materials.
We are Fine Art Trade Guild Commended Framers. All work is carried out to the highest standard in our open plan workshop. Every job, large or small is treated with the same respect and care.
We offer, original work by local artists, limited editions and fine art prints.